FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE March 25, 2004
Contact: Cal Wescott
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 235-4911
333rd MILITARY POLICE UNIT THANKS THE COMMUNITY
The members of the fundraising committee of the 333rd Military Police Family Readiness Group have been impressed by the generous and thoughtful response of Freeport and the surrounding communities in support of a parade/escort for the unit in early to mid-May and a July 10th “Welcome Home” party. Numerous volunteers have devoted their time, private donations have flowed in steadily, and local businesses have agreed to host fundraising events. Northwest Illinois can be justifiably proud of they way they are using their time and donations to honor these brave soldiers.
Still, our fundraising efforts are not yet finished. The welcome home celebration funding is continuing because we have found that there are many other expenses, needs and additional opportunities to assist the soldiers. As the date of their return grows near, any and all donations or volunteer assistance are welcome.
There are several ways you can help:
- Purchasing commemorative 333rd Military Police Unit retail sale items (including T-shirts, posters, pins, postcards, flags and coffee mugs) which are available at Rite-Way Furniture. They will also be offered at all our fundraising events and other local businesses to be announced.
- Attend a fundraiser at Diamond Dave’s on April 6th. A percentage of proceeds will go toward the welcome home fund, and from 5-8:30pm, the Family Readiness Group will be working for tips.
- Attend a fundraiser with a DJ and prizes at The Rafters from 5-8pm on April 15th, which is sponsored by WEKZ. Tips will go to the Welcome Home Fund.
- Support the Adopt-A-Soldier program. Each $25 donation provides a $50 savings bond as a welcome home gift for a 333rd Military Police Unit soldier. Donations can be sent to:
542 N. Hunt
Freeport, IL 61032
- Donate to the Welcome Home Fund. Donations are tax-deductible, and can be made at:
State Bank of Freeport
1718 Dirck Dr.
Freeport, IL 61032
c/o 333rd MP Unit Welcome Home Fund
Again, your generosity so far has made us proud, and we thank you for your support. For further information or to volunteer your time, please contact parade/escort chair Duane Wenzel at 235-1748 or email@example.com; homecoming party chair Nickee Bender at 232-7971 or firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact me at 235-4911/232-5415 (evenings) or email@example.com.
Fundraising Committee Chair