It’s several times hotter than the surface of the sun.
It’s an explosion, born from plasma and much like a lightning bolt. It vaporizes metal, sends molten debris flying, causes fatal burns up to ten feet away and produces light that can permanently blind unprotected eyes. And it may be ready to happen in your facility.
The phenomenon we’re talking about is arc flash, an explosive short circuit that can occur in any high voltage electrical system. The good news? Greatly reducing the risk of arc flash is relatively simple.
That’s why we’ve prepared a full briefing on arc flash prevention: Making Safer Facilities: Increasing Safety and Productivity With Arc Flash Prevention and Thermal Imaging.
In this guide, you’ll learn:
- What conditions in your workplace can cause arc flash
- What effects an arc flash has on the surrounding environment
- How you can prevent accidents, reduce liability exposure and avoid regulatory tangles by conducting an arc flash hazard survey and adopting improved safety procedures.
- Why OSHA and other regulatory agencies judge your intentions by your arc flash prevention efforts.
- How combining thermal imaging with an arc flash survey will make your facility safer, more productive and more profitable.
- Six questions to consider when choosing a survey provider, questions that can help them increase the effectiveness of your safety programs and avoid fly-by-night companies.
For a free PDF copy of Making Safer Facilities: Increasing Safety and Productivity With Arc Flash Prevention and Thermal Imaging, simply enter your email address in the field below.